Letters of Denization and Acts of Naturalization 1603-1700
NOTE: This is a transcription of a 1911 transcription. Unfortunately, the original recorder seems to have anglicized the French names.
DENIZATION - Eng. Law. The act by which a foreigner becomes a subject of England; but he has not the rights either
of a natural born subject, nor of one who has become naturalized.
Notes to Publications of The Huguenot Society of London Volume XVIII,
LETTERS OF DENIZATION AND ACTS OF NATURALIZATION FOR ALIENS IN ENGLAND AND IRELAND
- Title page
- Page 113 Bonneau (1675 May 29)
- Page 127 (1681 Oct. 14)98 distressed Protestants
- Page 128 (1681 Oct. 14)
- Page 129 Videau, Mauze (Bef. 1681 Oct.19)
- Page 141 DuBois (1681-2 Mar. 8)
- Page 182 1687 Apr 9 Bellin
- Page 183 Burtel, Benoist, Bonnereau, Boufort
- Page 184 Chardon, (is Caillard GAILLARD?)
- Page 185
- Page 186 DuPont, Godin
- Page 187 (is Guerpen Guerin?)
- Page 188 Julien, Lambert, Moze, Mazick, (is Jourdain Jordan?)
- Page 189 Mazicq
- Page 190 Elias (Elizée) Prioleau - pastor of the Huguenot Church in Pons, France
- Page 191
- Page 192 Videau
- Page 202 Simon[Simons] (1687 Dec. 16)
- Page 224 Meyer (1691 Nov. 14)
- Page 225 Villepontoux (1690-1 March 5)
- Page 242 Cordes (1696 July 10)
- Page 279 Rivassen (1699 April 3)
- Page 290 Bonneau (1698 Sept. 29)
- Page 316 Meyer, Simon[Simons] (1699-1700 Mar. 11)
- Other records
Selected pages scanned and converted to text by OCR, 2003, by Ray Timmons. The
original layout (2 columns) was preserved as much as possible with plain text.
Lost were Big Capital letters for the first letter of a name and Small Caps for the
other letters, italics and many accent marks.
"S.P. Dom. Car. II" is State Papers Domestic Carolus II (Charles, 2nd King of England).
It is laid out in two columns so that paralell information on the Patent Rolls can be
compared. Usually, only very prominent people would have their denization recorded on
the Patent Roll and authenticated by the Great Seal of England.
(Thanks to Bob Hairsine for the above information.)
| HOME |
Copyright © 2003 Ray Timmons, All Rights Reserved
This site is a compilation of many people's work and may be copied, but may not be used for commercial gain.