Notes for Mary Esther VIDEAU
PLANTATIONS OF ST. JOHN'S PARISH BERKELEY - POND BLUFF PLANTATION Marion Family By Mr. F. M. Kirk
Located four miles east of Eutaw Springs in the Upper St. John's parish, the plantation is now home of Joseph Palmer Simons and his sister, Miss Julia Simons, direct descendant of Colonel Keating Lewis Simons to whom the place was willed by the general's widow.
Marion probably moved to Pond Bluff immediately after purchasing it in 1773. His plantation adjoined lands of his cousin and future wife, Miss Mary Videau. Thus, by the marriage of the owners, a large tract of land was united. The wealthy Miss Videau was a large land owner. The last of her line, she had inherited all the property of her mother and of her two brothers.
| HOME | EMAIL | SURNAMES |
Sources for this web site are many, including:
Ola Cook Timmons, Captain John Timmons and his Descendants by Kathy Dodge Loyd, H. F. Prioleau, Happy Heritage by Cannon,
Sermons in Stone by Jason Cockfield, Minute Books of the Hebron Baptist Church, Our Kin by Bernice McCutcheon,
Three Rivers Historical Society,
Old Darlington District Genealogy Chapter,
Berkeley County Historical Society,
Huguenot Settlers in North America,
and the US Census.
Page built by Gedpage Version 2.20 ©2000 on 05 January 2008